Monday, December 25, 2006

TRUE LOVE at CHRISTMAS - a poem

TRUE LOVE at CHRISTMAS
~ original author unknown

If I decorate my house perfectly with Holiday bows,
strands of twinkling lights and shiny bells,
But do not show love to my family and friends,
I'm just another decorator.

Love sets aside the decorating to kiss your sweetheart.

If I slave away in the kitchen,
baking dozens of Christmas cookies,
preparing gourmet meals and arranging a
beautifully adorned table at mealtime,
But do not show love to my family and friends,
I'm just another cook.

Love stops the cooking to share a hug.

If I trim the tree with shimmering angels
and crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of
Holiday parties and sing in the choir's cantata
But do not focus on Christ, I have missed the point.

Love is kind, though some times harried and tired.
Love doesn't yell at the kids to get out of the way.

Love doesn't give only to those who are able to give in return -
but rejoices in giving to those who can't.

Love never fails.
Video games and toys will break,
jewelry may be lost,
golf clubs and other 'things' will rust in time.
But giving the gift of love - will endure.

Love bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.




Labels: , , ,